Friday 5 November 2010

Diving the Far Mulberry 4th September 2010

This dive was with my son will on his 5th dive since he qualified. He does have trouble with his ears going down due to the constant ‘bugs’ he picks up at his work. Apart from that Will has taken to diving like a duck to water, It is a real joy to see his relaxed nature underwater and still carrying out his checks as per his training.

I have now dived 17 times on the Far mulberry but I still enjoy it, always exploring different sections of it and finding new and finding interesting things to see. I have dived it in less that a 1 metre viz and still made our why back to the shot line! I was really impressed with that dive, even though it was rubbish!

This time the skipper was Simon Bradburn, who runs Southern Coastal Charters with his boat Stormforce 2. This was Wills first trip with Simon.

This time I took the clockwise route around the Mulberry. I have a tendency to take the anticlockwise route, as at the wreck it is the hardest to start that route and hence not taken by most dives. Less divers less kicked up silt and so better viz, it is plan maybe not the best but a plan.

A soon as we got to the bottom of the chain we could see the number of shoals of fish. The Pollock appeared to be out in great numbers. The best area for fish was the ‘bow’ of the Mulberry with a large shoal of fish just hanging there.

Just off from the ‘bow’ a large shoal of fish swept past, to be honest I don’t have a clue what they were but I will leave that to the viewer to work out for me.

So again a great dive on the Far Mulberry for me as well as being able to see Will discovering the wonders of the sea life underwater. Note the scene where Will carefully picks up a brittle star and places it on a rock to hold in his hands while he can observe it.

The nice thing about diving the Far Mulberry is that you can get an hour’s dive easy and the only limit is the skipper telling you that you have to be back up in an hour!



Or go staight the video lin Far Mulberry 4th September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment