Monday 15 March 2010

Anchor Reef Drift Dive 14th March 2010

14th March 2010: First dive of the year. Simon Bradburn the skipper on his boat [Southern coastal charters]. With my dive buddy Dan. This dive was a drift dive over Anchor Reef, 10 Metres, which is off Bracklesham Bay. It was very cold at 5C (yes, we must be mad!) the viz was poor due to stirring up of the silt on the bottom.

Stirred up by Dan and myself as well as the other divers. Odd with all the open water, we came across two other diver pairs.

I had to call the dive off as I got too cold even in my dry suit, next time I will have an extra layer on.

Nice dive to get into the diving feel again. There was not a lot of life just the two edible crabs, but they were too small. Dive time 34 mins!

Unfortunately this drift dive appears to be typical of all my drift dives, well at least those in the Solent. The drift dive I had in North Cornwall was truly superb and at 24 metres down!

Next dive is planned for next week is on the Luis and followed by a drift. I am again hoping for good diving weather and better viz.

Anyway here is the weblink to the diving video:Anchor Reef Drift Dive


No comments:

Post a Comment