Sunday 25 September 2011

Diving the S.S. Shirala 25th April 2011

A really nice day with an easy pick up from the East Beach off Selsey by Simon Bradburn in his boat Stormforce 2.

I tried to film my backward role into the water, well I did really but it never really comes off on video, plus the descent down to the wreck. Rather mucky but due to the clear sunny sky was relatively good viz.

As I was sorting out my kit and starting my video Dan, my buddy, was obsesses with something. That turned out to be a rather large lobster! How does he do that!!

Near the end of the dive and at the top of the wreck there was a very large shoal of fish, made up of all sorts, Bib, Pollock to name a few.

On the trip back to shore the water over a low reef appeared to be very calm and flat for no apparent reason, tide etc the truth be told.

The flat calm waters made for a very nice speedy trip back to the shore.


Click on the link to see the video on the youtube website:
Diving the S.S. Shirala 

No comments:

Post a Comment