Saturday 6 October 2012

Drift dive on the Bembridge Ledges 30th May 2012


I have been far to slow in uploading this dive video to my blog, just a bit too many other things going on in my life at this time.

This dive could have been one of the longest drift dives I have undertaken but if you call up a dive time of an hour then after an hour you should be up. The reason was that at the end of the dive the sea bottom was had the most interesting I have ever come across. So many unusual rock formations caused by the sea currents.

There is a nice cuttlefish at the beginning of the dive, some crabs and a number of other fish during the rest of the dive. Not a lot, but enough to keep one interested. Very nice dive and I hope to persuade the skipper in future drift dives to 'drop' us off in the area where he picked us up on this drift dive.

Jason is the youngest diver I have dived with and as can been seen on the video stays close to me and regularly checks on me during the dive. A lot better than a few older divers I have dived with. With a bit more experience it should sort out his hand movements and his buoyancy control, which is at it’s hardest at the shallow depth of this dive.




 If you want to see the dive video on the Youtube site click the link below:
 Drift dive on the Bembridge Ledges 

No comments:

Post a Comment