Thursday 30 December 2010

Cancelled P12 & Drift 30th December 2010

Timing is everything. I was just is the process of getting my kit ready at 7.00 last night for the dive today and I get a text saying the dive was cancelled. So all had to go back and be stored away.

The reason was the sea fog. I understand the reason why fog is such a problem. Not that the boat might hit something or miss the dive site but both of those cannot be dismissed. The major reason from my point of view would be that the skipper could not guarantee being able to see the surfacing divers, even with our big red SMBs and torches.

I have a very nice warm dry suit but I still really don’t fancy attempting a surface drift in 7ÂșC foggy seas across the busy English Channel to France, if I was lucky!

I have never seen so much fog for so log, Sherlock Holmes, Victorian London eat you heart out!

This was my last planned dive before my trip to New Zealand in February and I have diving booked there. I hope to dive on the Rainbow Warrior, and felt that I needed to keep dive fit to get the most out of my New Zealand diving.

I will see if I can sort out a shore dive somewhere, possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment