Thursday 9 September 2010

Diving at Babbacombe Bay 24th July 2010

I am lucky as my wife Shelagh supports my diving, which is the only reason we would get to Babbacombe bay by 08:30!

I teamed up with Dave for the two dives and as Dave is also into taking underwater pictures that was good for me.

The two dives were the best diving I have dad at Babbacombe. Ok the viz was poor, well not that good, but it was the sea life that was there to be seen. Equally my underwater navigation worked well, a mix of a working compass as well as a bit of local knowledge recognising some of the underwater landmarks.

The large wrasse that liked to use ‘mushroom rock’ as a shelter as well as the two large lobsters that did not stay completely in their holes. That amazingly large crab one could play with without hurting it. I still cannot understand why the dogfish I picked up whould not uncoil itself and swim off, as they usually do!

The shot at the end with the pile of spider crabs was a sight to remember, not for the diver who has a thing about crabs!!

Was that a spider crab mating frenzy or am I showing my ignorance of crustacean behaviour?



Or link to video site Babbacombe Bay 24th July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment